Monday, July 28, 2008

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...




Whoa. I have just realized that I have neglected to thank some extremely important, influential people who were WAY instrumental in jump-starting this infantile blog. Please accept this recognition, extremely late, but still sincerely heartfelt. I’m just lame.

First, I would like to thank my uber-cool, hip 60-something Dad, who suggested that I write a blog. I am SOOOO uncool that didn’t even know what a blog was, so thanks dad, for being way more in the scene than I am. When I check into to Blog Rehab, I’ll blame this life-altering addiction on you.

Thank you Sheri at http://myminivanisfasterthanyours.com/. Sheri gave me terrific advice when I repeatedly and annoyingly e-mailed her for help and she kindly directed me to…

Jennifer from http://playgroupsarenoplaceforchildren.com/. Jennifer, aka Ghandi, your wonderful, step by step tutorials were my BIBLE. They were perfect for someone as remedial as myself. I appreciate your responding to all of my freshman type questions. If it hadn’t been for you and your guidance, I would not have a blog. No way. No how. Sniff…you are the wind beneath my wings…Thank you!

Thank you to both Alice from http://elegantthimble.blogspot.com/ and Sus from http://wigglerooms.blogspot.com/. You both were the first readers of my very primitive blog! I will always be eternally grateful! I look forward to your comments and I get so much inspiration from your humor and wit.

Thank you to my mom, stepmom and sister M, for religiously reading this blog and supporting me in this new habit. I so appreciate your love and patience with me. Mostly, thank you to my beloved Jerry for allowing me to sit comatose for hours on end, in front of this computer, neglecting our kids. You have once again picked up the slack and the house and I love you for understanding.

If I have forgotten to thank you, I am sorry. This is beginning to sound like an Academy Award show, and the orchestra music is starting to play, cutting me off.







































6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff...sniff...You like me!! You really, really like me!! Sob...sob..

Anonymous said...

Well you are welcome! It's not everyday that I get called the wind beneath someone's wings!

Your blog is looking most excellent, by the way. It's heartwarming to know someone is actually listening to me.

Alice said...

Aw shucks. And dammit..Marcy took my line already.

: )

Keep it up babe! And thanks for the shout-out.

Wildcat said...

You Rock, BlogDaughter...thanks for the shout out...I'm ferklepft over the insight and perspective...so proud...as grandparents we only read about this stuff.
love,
dad

Sus said...

Awwww. Come on, I wouldn't have stuck around if your stuff wasn't funny, and insightful, and worth reading. I guess I can't sit in the corner by myself if you're out there calling me out. You would go and make me feel all warm and fuzzy just when I was busy pouting. Oh, ok, I'll blog and be happy about it, then. Fine. But only because you are. Deal?

Soccer Mom In Heels said...

Jennifer~ yes, I listened to and HUNG ON EVERY WORD you advised b/c I am anal and very OCD.

Alice~ you rock and are so funny!

Sus~ Keep the faith chicky! We have a DEAL!