Friday, August 1, 2008

Mommy Camp


I have not posted all week due to major, heavy work commitments which led to lack of brain function as a result. I am fried. I need a break from everything. Can I sign up for Mommy Camp for a week?
My kids have been at day camp ALL summer, ALL day long. Now that they are a little older and have a reference of time, lately they have been asking, “Mommy, can we have a ‘stay home day’”? Nope, sorry kids, mommy’s gotta go to work. I think this is also the point in the summer where they are getting major camp burnout.

Send ME to camp! Sign me up! What a life! Campers swim once and sometimes twice a day, so that would cover my lack of exercise spanning over the last 10 years or so. You get to indulge a leisurely lunch with your friends. I look forward to the rare days that I can schedule a lunch with my girlfriends, so this would solve that overdue catching up.

Campers unleash their creative side in arts and crafts. How great would it be to get out the glue and pipe cleaners and go to town! Archery! Drama! Color Wars! They sing songs without care of becoming the next American Idol. Each stress-free day ends with a popcycle. I could ditch the heels and play in t-shirts and sneakers all the livelong day!

Sad that I am fanaticizing about going to day camp. Pathetic that it sounds so appealing. It’s the next best thing to a spa weekend, I suppose. I have a feeling that if there was a real Mommy Camp, other necessary elements would include some sort of alcohol availability, spa treatments and a no cell phone rule.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we may have something here....

have camp going on for the kids, but on the same site, have mommy stuff...pedicures, massages, relaxing lunches...wi-fi for uninterrupted blogging...margaritas...

Alice said...

The make Mommy summer-camp in a bottle. Find the one that says "vino" and pour!

Hope it all settles down for you soon. : )