Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jumping Into An Empty Pool, Head First


I have just realized something. I started this blog eagerly and explosively, about things that amuse me, pain me and annoy me. But I haven’t really given an introduction to background info. It’s kinda like jumping into an empty pool, head first. I think I’m supposed to do something like that. Please excuse my ignorance and freshman-ness. So here it is.

My name is Amy, yes, it’s my real name. If I was going to make one up, it would be something super sexy and mysterious, like... Roxanne or... Monique. My husband’s real name is not Jerry. I don’t know why I chose it, and now every time I write it, I think of Tom and Jerry, chasing each other around, stepping on each other's tails and blowing each other up. Jerry and I have been married for 11 fun, happy years. He is an amazing partner and I am lucky to have him. He cleans. He cooks. He cleans some more. He...completes me. (Cornball) He always leaves me the last bite of the ice cream sundae we are sharing.

Our 11 year old coca poo is Tatum, her real name. She was our test run for babies. We thought, if we can’t kill a dog, it's possible we would be capable of parenting human babies someday. Tatum still acts like a puppy when people come over, jumping and licking them. Very annoying, but good to see she still has some spunk in her. Otherwise, she is 10 lbs overweight and stinks despite her monthly doggy spa day. We think she may be rotting inside.

Cole is not our son’s real name. He has a close friend named Cole from kindergarten, and they bonded. He named his first Webkinz Cole and his second Webkinz, Colester. Patty is not our daughter’s real name. A year ago, she announced, “Today, my name is Patty. Only call me Patty.” We introduced her as "Patty" to her teachers and she even signed herself in as "Patty". We don’t know a single Patty. Not a distant relative or a “Hi, my name is Patty, and I will be your server tonight” that we can recall. We don’t know where this bizarre alias came from, but, here it is.

I have worked as a pharmaceutical sales rep in AZ for close to 10 years, full time. I created this blog as a way to figure out how to be a better working mom.

So that's the background stuff. Whew! Now I don't feel like the girl at the party who talks your ear off and you just met her 3 seconds ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My husband actually got his iPhone today and is happily goofing around with it now.

Alice said...

Jerry really needs a new name. Jerry is just too blah. Check out some romance novels for acceptable names. ; )

Anonymous said...

Jerry is going to have to change his real name to Jerry, because I have random bouts of amnesia and I can only remember his name as Jerry at times.