Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Wild, Dirty Saturday Night





Our passion paid off...


At first, I really wasn’t in the mood, but I knew that once things were in action, I would get sooo into it. I couldn't wait to put the kids to bed. It had been a long time, and I knew Jerry was wondering when the next time would be. I was so excited…my palms were sweaty and my heart was pounding. I was actually salivating just thinking about it. I couldn’t wait to get down and dirty…mom, shield your eyes…and…

...clean out the bathroom drawer. What did you think I was going to say? Such dirty minds!

I haven’t had the desire to clean out this drawer in years. There was a leaky toothpaste tube that was oozing all over the heaping mounds of junk in the drawer that set me over the edge. I had to service the drawer immediately.

There were extra buttons in mini zip-lock bags, the kind attached to a new shirt, incase you pop one off and need a spare. Scattered bobby pins and safety pins attached to dry cleaning paper tags. So many of Patty’s hair accessories. Abandoned barrettes and bows and elastic pony tail holders in a rainbow of colors and sizes, all of which she has rejected. I could open up my own Claire’s Accessories store in right here in my bathroom. Free trial sizes of shampoos, conditioners and lotions lurked in the back sticky corners. Seven, small, blue and white, round tins of Glide dental floss I got from the dentist as a parting gift, and vowed to be a more dedicated flosser every time. It was so exhilarating, I didn’t want to stop.

I was feeling wild, so I went down... below the sink. Ohhh, it was so bad, it was good! There was a pack of horrible, old, cardboard tampons, a crusted calamine lotion bottle, hairspray canisters that were shellacked to the shelf. Rancid cotton balls that missed the trash basket. A dino curling iron with brush attachments. Ahhh, now this is just what I needed to relieve all the tension I have been feeling lately.

Lastly, I climbed up on top and mounted... the sink. I forged into the medicine cabinet. It was sooo neglected and needed my love. I pulled out expired Benadryl, Imodium and Triaminic cough syrup. I even found an ancient mercury thermometer I used when Cole was a newborn. I discovered a murky bottle of 15 year old perfume that Jerry bought me when we were dating. We discovered things that hadn't been touched in years!

What wild and dirty Saturday night! I felt like a new woman. I decided that we need to make a habit out of this. Jerry was thrilled that I finished and was overwhelmingly satisfied with the job.






















7 comments:

Alice said...

I love doing stuff like that. Just a comment in case you were chucking stuff that wasn't completely terrible. We have a local shelter that I take our small collections of hotel soaps and shampoos to. Just an idea if you have lots of them.

Anonymous said...

Freaking hilarious. That post cracked me up. Keep up the good work.

justme said...

oh HOW i wish i could get motivated to do ANY drawer or cupboard

Anonymous said...

Damn...I need a cigarette just reading that!! You really know how to let loose and have fun!!

Melissa said...

I always feel so good when I do stuff like that. With that inspiration, I may just tackle the junk drawer in the kitchen!

Paps said...

You are sooooooooo wild and crazy. Saturday night and the living is easy and yes, my daughter has caught the dreaded CLEAN UP disease from her husband Mr.Neatnick..Where is my party girl daughter?Bring her back..You are becoming one of them..THE TIDY's.

Shanna said...

I just did that a couple of weeks ago!! And the week before I hit the kitchen cabinets!! I LOVE having those wild and dirty times!!