Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Buxton Organizer


They say kids are like sponges, soaking up all that surrounds them, good or bad. This is such a cliche, but cliches are cliches for a reason, right? Right! Because they are true and they just work. I experienced this sponge brain cliche this evening.


It was around 104 degrees at 6 pm when we left the very gourmet, shi-shi Peter Piper Pizza we were dining at. We met another family there for the fabulous pizza and early gambling opportunities. Why not start 'em now? That place is like Vegas and crack for kids.


As we were leaving in the sweltering, hot, blistering heat, we approached the car, and I realized I couldn't find my keys. Meanwhile, I was balancing AND attempting to hold on to the leftover pizza, so I won't have to make camp lunches tomorrow, a half-empty soda cup, Cole's green plastic slinky he won which will be permanently tangled on our 5 minute drive home, a pink, plastic necklace and matching bracelet that Patty scored from the pushover Peter Piper Pizza teen employee, who was a sucker for a begging, desperate, cute, mushy faced, big-eyed 5 year old girl.


NO. FREAKING. KEYS. I finally plunked my over-sized, bag lady, Mary Kate and Ashley type purse down on the steaming pavement to dig through the bottomless pit. My kids begin to whine expertly as we melted in the heat. I was like a madwoman throwing my wallet, coupons, old receipts on the ground. Where are those DAMNED keys?


Finally, Patty suggests:
"Mom. You should maybe get the Buxton Organizer.
Then you could find your keys so easy, Mom.
You could even put an umbrella AND... TWO water bottles inside of it!"
I swear the kid quoted that damn infomercial VER BATUM. Scary that such a little spongey brain was targeted SOOOOO SUCCESSFULLY. Scary that I discarded any shred of fashion snottiness I had and started wondering what colors they come in.

1 comment:

Alice said...

HAHAHAHAA....I love it!

Because GirlChild does that to me too. Only she wants me to buy the Space Bags (and then she'll repeat all the features).

It's scary isn't it.