Thursday, August 28, 2008

And The Envelope, Please...

OMG~ I...sniff, sniff, cannot believe..sniff, sniff...that I actually won...AN AWARD!!!!! OMG!!!! YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!!


Seriously, this has made my day, my week, ok, ok, my year! Just when I was convinced that the only people really reading this blog at all was my mom, Rosemary and my sister, Marcy (Hi Mom! Hi Rosemary! Hi Marcy!) and of course, my only two regular visitors that comment, Sus from http://wigglerooms.blogspot.com/ as well as Alice from http://elegantthimble.blogspot.com/ I think that very well may still be the case, but none the less, I feel special.





So thank you muchos to Sus from http://wigglerooms.blogspot.com/ who chose little 'ol me and four other lucky mo fos to pass this award to! I can't tell you how touched and very surprised I was to be considered in her recipient list. WOW~ Sus is both totally hilarious and deeply touching in her writing style. Her photos are very photo journalistic and have inspired me to get out my lame point and shoot camera and try to capture the moment a little more often. Sus, I know that if you lived in AZ, we'd be amigos for sure.

I am such a lame-o blogger that I am not even sure I cut and pasted the aforementioned blog sites correctly. Will someone please click on those links and make sure they work? Mom? Marcy? Are you sure you don't want to revoke this award? I'M NOT WORTHY! Gulp, I'm really not. But I'll take it!!! Can I put this on my resume?

But alas, my three minutes of fame are merely three minutes. I will now crown the next award recipients, to those bloggers who inspire me, make me laugh and make me cry sometimes, depending on how much PMS I have coursing through my veins. Although I don't have much time to blog or to read others' blogs, there are a few that I try to visit whenever I can. There are many "famous" bloggers that I would like to pass this to, but I know they have already received this award several times, so I'm trying to pick the folks who may not have won this award yet, but are oh so deserving. Fair?

This award comes with rules. (Enter bald, spec wearing, Arthur Anderson guy in a tux)

They are:
You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

And the envelope please... drum roll in the distance...

1. Sheri from:
http://myminivanisfasterthanyours.com/

Sheri, a friend of my sister, Marcy, was the lucky blogger I initially pestered to learn how to start up this blog thing. She was extremely helpful and kind to such a pain in the ass type, like myself. Sheri, you are a fabulously funny writer. Your clever style is amazing and I always look forward to reading your blog entries. Thank you for your guidance. I owe you a beer.

2. Lauri from:

http://introducingyalltoarizonians.blogspot.com/

Lauri, you rock sista! You are such an amazing person and friend. Your pictures are priceless and you have such spirit about you! Keep on keeping on! Don't give up! There are many more Arizonans who need some "ya'll" in their vocab.

3. Feener from:

http://mommyvents.blogspot.com/

Seriously LOL funny. She can totally relate to my PMS type outbursts. I love your raw, emotional style. Your blog makes us all feel like we are all in this together (Break into a chorus of, "We're All In This Together..." a High School Musical 1 reference, in case you haven't heard that song like fifty thousand times already in your life)


4. Melissa from:

http://takingwhatisleft.blogspot.com/

Melissa cracks me up! She must carry a camera in her purse at all times to capture the great, hilarious shots that she does! I love the big, fun polka dot background in your blog.

5. Kate from:

http://kateinthewild.blogspot.com/

This is my baby sister, Kate's blog. Can we give this award to family members? I think so. This chick is serving in the Peace Corps in Tanzania for the next 2 years. You are the strongest person I know. We can all learn a thing or two from your tenacity and dedication. You made it through a rodent-ridden bed incident, and now, I am confident you can make it through just about anything! Rock on sista! Please visit Kate's blog and give her good vibes! She deserves it!

Thanks again to Sus for this great honor!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks oodles! It is nice to be liked, isn't it? Now to find a place for the bling...don't have much counter space. Hmmm....

And yes, I *do* have a camera at all times. My cell phone has a really good camera on it. It takes amazingly good pictures for what it is.

:)

justme said...

THank you !!!! I really do appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Because I am blog challenged, I don't understand if I am supposed to do something. But, congrats for your award. I LOVE YOUR BLOG and your posts are always so darn funny!

Sus said...

Well You're Welcome! I love reading your stuff. Thanks for all the kind words right back. If I lived in AZ I'd be desperately trying to get you to quit your day job so I could hang out in your kitchen with my kids all day.