Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fingerprint Necklace~ I LOVE IT!!!

Hi! How are you? I know there are crickets chirping as I write this, but I feel I at least owe those few insects out there who might have hopped around accidentally and landed on this blog, an explanation of why I haven't blogged in weeks. I really don't have an legit excuse once again. Laziness. Apathy. Not motivated to write anything. Busyness. Life just getting in the way. Work stuff. Ok, enough? Good.

Well thanks to Facebook, that my sister, Marcy made me, kind of forced me to join, I have reconnected with lots of friends from grade school, high school and college. It has been insane how people just pop up out of the nowhere. I know you might be thinking I'm too old to be on there, and I'll defend myself in a separate post next time, maybe.

Anyhow, I was fortunate enough to be contacted by my dorm pal, Tina Steinberg. I came to find out that she designs jewelery, really cool jewelery on her site: www. tinasteinberg.com. She takes vintage pieces and turns them into really amazing and unique creations. Each piece is made by her own two creative hands. I just got my fingerprint necklace a few days ago and I LOVE IT!!! She took impressions of my kids' fingerprints and made their little prints into a necklace. Check out her website to see what I mean. I am going to order more stuff from her soon. I just wanted to give her a sincere shout out, since I truly love, love, love her work! Please take a look-see, you'll be impressed!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What, you mean you have a real life? :)

Anyway, I've seen those necklaces and I agree! They are very cool! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Her website has some beautiful pieces. I am going to forward this on to Scott. I want one for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, You are too sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying your necklace! I didn't realize that Facebook was side-lining you a bit, but I know what you are talking about...I admit, it's been a guilty pleasure for me, too, and I'm glad we reconnected that way!

Sus said...

wow, those are gorgeous fingerprint necklaces! thanks for the tip.

have missed you. but life getting in the way is absolutely, always a reasonable excuse. i'm a firm believer that fundamentally unnecessary tasks (the definition of blogging, i guess unless you're making money from it) should never ever make you feel guilty. :)